Love, Art, Life

Love, Art, Life

Friday, August 19, 2011

The Pink Pearl

Image of the Black Pearl from
Wikipedia


I forgot to mention in the last post that we have named her.  Our Oasis vintage trailer, that is...  she is The Pink Pearl.   Let me tell you what I'm envisioning for her...   A mast and sail, with a pink Jolly Roger.  I'm hoping my husband can fashion the front end of a ship to put over the trailer pull things that are on the front with the propane tanks on it.  And a pirates chest shell for the cooler.  Twinkle lights, some lanterns, and whatever else I can find to make her a vintage, piratey, happy place.



check out this cute one I found
on Wikipedia
I have many ideas, hopefully to be fulfilled one day with other vintage trailers.  I think I'm hooked.  There are at least two more I have got to have.... eventually....  but for now this project is on the top of the list.

Would you like to see some art I've been working on??

Well, ok, since you asked.....  







It's been busy here getting ready for school.  With so many kids there's a lot of getting ready to be done.  Still I am trying to get some art in every day, when I can.  

I am trying to create a new life for myself and my family.  An artistic life.  An authentic life.  I think I've had authenticity in some areas, but not with art.  It's been a long time that I have been dabbling in art and never thought myself an artist.   I've had love affairs with poetry, music, ceramics, watercolor, knitting and crochet, sewing, painting.  It's an interesting thing to feel that creative pull, and never feel somehow qualified to actually work at it.  Unfortunately I've spent my life feeling unqualified for just about everything.  It took a serious 'hit bottom' to shake me into finding the answers and healing I needed.  I think I've got it figured out now with the help of some friends and my recovery groups.  I am an adult child, and attend ACA meetings regularly.  It has helped me learn so much about myself, and take a look at so many things I had not faced before.

So I am beginning to see my life more like an unfinished painting.  I can create whatever I want and so can you.  All we need is vision and hope.  I think I've got that now.

1 comment:

Big E said...

You are the best artist I know. Keep it up.