Love, Art, Life

Love, Art, Life

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

An Oasis in the desert

We have found it!   Our Oasis in the desert;  And our new adventure begins.  Lil Gee and Lil E are thrilled!

So here she is....    

                                                       ....... in all her Vintage glory!



 still need a name for her.  Oh and you should see her hooked up to our car.  We felt so Mickey and Minnie, or Ricky and Lucy driving her home last night...













Now to decide on the redo inside.  No interior photos yet.  Will get to that when hubby gets home.  But you should see the inside!  So many 50's details, most of the original items are there.  Including a sweet magazine rack, the old metal kind.  Propane lamps, rounded corners.  And the kitchen reminds me of my Gramsy's kitchen.  Fond memories of growing up. This Oasis is going to be The Geenies Lamp Studio on the road so in keeping with that, I am thinking about doing the interior Geenie bottle style.  Or in keeping with the Vintage age diner.  Whatever I end up going with there will be lots of pink!  And yes, I will keep  you all posted with pics and all.

Thanks for sharing my dream with me!  I didn't think it would come to pass so quickly, but the kiddos aren't getting any younger, so I am glad.

3 comments:

Big E said...

I already feel like Mickey and Minnie. She's going to be so much fun.

Geen Grey said...

Yes! She is!!

kathy said...

Well, you're also living out MY dream of having a vintage travel trailer! I can hardly wait to see the inside!