Love, Art, Life

Love, Art, Life

Monday, April 25, 2011

so long sweet memory

Just a quick post, to keep you updated.  With the Easter holiday, and all its celebrations, and Spring breaks I have not had much time to be creative, or post here.  The farm babies are keeping me busy as well.  who knew ducks were so messy?

Today my family and I soujourned to a once familiar place we have fond memories from.  Being a new themepark it was family friendly, fun for the kids and manageable for the adults.  With six kids in tow this is a major plus.  It's been a busy week for us, one of the twins came down with a fever, and we were all pretty tired. But our fond memories, and all the things we loved about this place have dramatically changed.  This was a park run by people who seemed to care, and had a business model that involved good customer service. The dollar was still the bottom line, I'm sure, but they managed to make it feel like it wasn't quite so.   Sadly, as things do, it has changed in the past few years since we were last there.  In short we will never return.  This is a sadness for me, as I have fond memories there of my kids being little and having so much fun.  I guess all good things must come to an end, right?

Tomorrow it is back to school, back to the studio, back to my regular life and all it's responsibilities.  Easter has been a nice break. I am anxious to create something beautiful again.

Hope your Easter was nice too.

Geenie

No comments: