Love, Art, Life

Love, Art, Life

Saturday, April 16, 2011

one beautiful thing

Ever have one of those days where everything becomes crystal clear?  That was my day today.  The Geenie's lamp studio suffered some damage as one of my girls (nicknamed the hummingbird  because she never stops moving) ran through a plate glass door.  After my husband and son performed first aid on her, (thank God they kept their cool, I didn't) we were off to the ER for stitches.  Sitting there in the ER with a bandaged up child waiting for her 'surgery', the adrenaline finally subsiding and the head clear enough to think; I of course thought of what could have happened.  My 3 1/2 year old twins had been standing outside that door minutes before this accident and the hummie only needed stitches on one bad cut on her leg.  It could have been much, much worse.  It's at these times I can clearly see what is truly important.  It all comes down to people doesn't it.  The people we know and love, and take for granted every day that they will always be there.  I had hoped to create something beautiful today, and did manage to get some work done in spite of the trauma, but it really doesn't matter does it?  One more day with my beautiful family intact.  One more day of being thankful that everyone is home and everyone is alright.  Hopefully I did create something beautiful today.  If only the memory of being there to comfort a hurting and scared child.  That's enough for me.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

So glad that this turned out ok in the end. Hugs to all of you.

Sarah said...

Hugs from me too!

Anonymous said...

Lovely. I like your blog, Geenie! I,too, am glad everything is okay and it's so nice to read your lovely words.

siouxsiepoet said...

wonderful. true beauty, indeed.