Love, Art, Life

Love, Art, Life

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A day in the life of

it's been a few days since I've had the time to sit and write here.  Life is busy, and then you add more dependents, right?  Well, at least that's true in our case.  It's been a few years that we've been debating keeping chickens in our backyard.  Well, finally I just went out and bought some.  Then I bought some more, and the kids talked me into a couple of ducks to boot.   I know what you're thinking "is she crazy?".  Maybe so.  But I've always loved animals and gardening, being environmentally friendly and prepared so this just seems to go right along.



Here are the 4 chicks sleeping in their temporary indoor home.  We take them out twice a day to get some sun, and spread their wings.











Somewhere in the wee hours of the night I managed to finish a batch of glass pendant necklaces to send to my sister who is graciously selling some of my work in the form of greeting cards and now these.  Thanks Suz!  I will have a few posted on Etsy soon.  













Other than that I've been finishing up some pieces I had started.  Here are some photos of my fairies I have been working on.  This is what happens when I just sit down and create something without a plan.  Something new emerges.  I think I'll have prints made of these.  







Hope all is well with you.  That you are creating something beautiful.   May all your days be full of beauty!

4 comments:

siouxsiepoet said...

the pendants are great! i'm so glad you're doing this.
loveee, :*

Sarah said...

I love the pendants! And the fairies too, great colors.

Rachel said...

Wow, your work is just beautiful, and as for the farm in the backyard... every day is a glorious adventure.

Geen Grey said...

thank you all ladies!