Love, Art, Life

Love, Art, Life

Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Pink Pearl Progress

The Pearls Jolly Roger 
Update number two!  
The Pink Pearl Progress...


This past week was spent readying The Pearl for her next voyage coming up soon...  


Thunder finished the Jolly Roger!  It's perfect!  Now she needs some grommets and The Pearl needs a flagpole, or mast or something, then we're good to go.



This is to become some of the decor.  One of my girls had fun making this little scenario up...  
My biggest girl had fun making up this lovely
decorative element.  


Here lies the missing bird (no
animals were actually harmed in
the making of this)

I took a pile of this

And made about a million of these until
I ran out of thread.  
The crew works on her exterior.

A lock, finally!

This one's a little lazy.  She tested out the bed.

The 8th member of our crew finally showed up for duty

guess what this is?

cleaning the whole exterior with a magic eraser

and a spot here too...

No reveal yet.  Just wanted to give you a little taste of what we've been up to.   We are a week away from our next voyage, lets hope we have no more 'family vacation' style incidents.  More on the Pearl Progress as the week progresses, I hope... 





and a little update on the farm report.  This morning I awoke to catch the carnation eating culprit in the act-- well sort of...  

I think she was resting there after her meal.  

when I opened the door she promptly sat up
in an attempt to look innocent

realizing it was futile she hopped over to the
other pot to sample what's over there
(my freshly planted Jasmine and more
carnations-- yum!)

Look at that face though, who could be mad?

As I step out the door she hops up to apologize ( I
would like to think anyway) and to say good morning.

The results.  Not a carnation or stem left to
be found...  

She gives me kisses.  Sweet bun, you know I still love you.


2 comments:

siouxsiepoet said...

that was so stinking cute! you are crazy to keep planting stuff. just forget it. paint flowers on the cinder block walls, i think that is the only way you'll see blooms in your yard ;)

Geen Grey said...

:) I know. I planted some more stuff a couple of days ago. Hopefully she doesn't like lavender, african daisies, or mint..... and if she does, well I guess I can't complain. A bun's got to eat too, right?!