Love, Art, Life

Love, Art, Life

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Camping at the Point

For Mothers Day my crew took me camping at the beach.  My favorite place on earth to be.

The minute we dropped anchor Sobe our ship hound
made herself nice and comfortable.  This seems
to be her favorite spot on the ship, my pillows.

 We decided after our last camping trip to go again, once a month, at least through the summer.  To that end we have been working furiously on The Pearl getting her all prettied up and comfortable for our large family to relax in when we want to.

I finally got around to taking some new pics of her gussied up interior.  With each project she becomes more and more comfortable to relax in.
 
  



 I left the books at home and took my needlepoint with me this time.  Thinking there might be some down time to sit and work on it.
The nightstand



 

I did have some extra reading material in my magazine rack just in case.




Here is the finished french memo board.   Guess I should have made a bigger one to fit all the pictures I'd love to have with me.  Some are missing from this picture.



 This is what we ended up temporarily doing with the front end.  We need to get as much sleeping area as we can for all the female crew members.

 
 There is still much to be done.   You can imagine my list I think.   But for now she's comfortable and cozy feeling, and a very special place to relax.

 Before we set sail for Doheny point our parish priest, Father Joseph Corrigan bestowed a blessing on her.  The seas can be rough, and you never know what dangers one will encounter while upon them.
"Oh man, now that's a blessed bee"  one of the wee crew
members remarked.





We dropped anchor at Doheny State Beach.  The campsites are teeny, but beach front property is in high demand so you get what you get.  

Everyone who passed smiled, and pointed.  Some stopped to tell us how cute the Pearl is or how they loved our campsite setup.  One lady seemed to be waiting for an invitation to breakfast she stayed so long chatting about The Pearl and how it reminded her of past times.  We get a lot of that.  People reminiscing.  Plenty of people miss 'the good old days'.

The funniest comment this time around was the guy in the Land Yacht (The' Behemouth' I call them) who came over as we were packing up and told my husband how he liked our campers 'retro look'.   
Being a '58 she came by it honestly...

That made me smile.

1 comment:

siouxsiepoet said...

good times love. looks like fun. im glad ur dreams are coming true :)