Love, Art, Life

Love, Art, Life

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Me, Myself and I

It's been an especially busy summer here, and the studio has not seen much action lately.  I have had some good feedback on the items in my Etsy shop and some possible interesting things for the future happening.


I wrote a little
This past weekend was the first ever mobile Geenies Lamp Studio.  Well, kinda.  I took some much needed time and camped overnight by myself for the first time.  I did have this intention when I first decided to get a Vintage Trailer, that I could use her for my personal art studio at the beach, or wherever.  However we've had so much fun family camping that I have not had the time or the guts I guess to get her out on my own.  I finally did.   
It was the first time I've ever willingly spent any time alone.  I took some books, some art supplies (a lot of art supplies) and my meals and found some peace and quiet.  Peace and quiet are generally unattainable at home, there are just too many little people and pets.


It was good to get out in the fresh air and just sit.  I love to just sit and stare at trees and all the animals that come out when one is still.  I did not move to get any pictures of them, though I wanted to.   I was enjoying them so much I didn't want to frighten them off.
 These shots were taken from the dinette in the Pearl.  The view from my front window.

The campground was virtually empty, so it felt like I was truly alone.  Of course anyone who walked by complimented the Pearl, but other than that I really didn't see anyone.    And I preferred  it that way.  Just to sit in stillness, and quiet and enjoy the breeze.  The scents and sounds of the woods.  It was exactly what the doctor ordered.  I am convinced that living here in a big city I am severely  nature deprived.

Here is a short pictorial recap of all I did...


I burned candles

Drank coffee 

Did a little walking around

 In the morning I was able to cook my breakfast.  A fresh egg, bacon and some coffee and sit and enjoy my lovely meal in peace in The Pearl with that gorgeous view out my front window.

I did get a bit of drawing and  painting in, but didn't take any pics.  It was a lovely time just being with myself and thinking about life.  


2 comments:

siouxsiepoet said...

GO YOU! i'm so, so glad to hear this. nothing heals the soul like solitude. :* loveeeee

Geen Grey said...

Yes love. I need to do this more. You are my inspiration you know.