Love, Art, Life

Love, Art, Life

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Derby Days

Happy weekend friends, loved ones and fellow travelers.  It's been a very productive day.

The Team- photo from the SCRD gallery
Started our day off with Roller Derby practice.  It's really hard work.  I think I agree with them, that this is one of the most challenging sports out there.  Both physically and mentally.  It takes a lot to join a team and actually be good at it.  We are fortunate to live near the new home of the South Coast Roller Derby league who have taken us in and are showing up the ropes.



The Juniors.  Coach Toxic is on the far right. 
Then it was out for pizza and beer to cheer up one of the girls on the team.  Relationship issues.  This team really supports each other.  Last week the juniors had an ice cream party at Farrells to bond.  Courtesy of their coach Toxic Rox.  She's been helping Jewella Deville and I learn the ins and outs of the game.  She's a great coach!




After that it was home to work on The Pink Pearl.  She's so close to being seaworthy.  We're about ready to schedule a maiden voyage to test the waters with her.   Today hubby finished the new vent install and re-installed the rest of the cabinet doors.  I finished lining the shelves and cleaning a couple of cupboards I had skipped the last time.

   
 We're leaving the water damaged front of the cupboards alone for now.  We just wanted to get her good and cleaned up and get out on the road then take it slowly after that.
the old vent which couldn't close all the way
And the beautiful working new one



Look I found pink!



I also had him remove the original metal paper towel holder so I could give it a good clean.  Check out the stamping on the inside.  So cool!  I love things like this!




After this it was a trip to the local hardware store for some supplies and then I was done.  I can't wait to go camping and get some art done in the great outdoors.  It was a lovely, fun, very productive day.  I hope you had the same!

3 comments:

Lil E said...

The maiden voyage is now booked!!

Amanda Sanders said...

Some friends in Richmond tried to get me to join a roller derby team, but it scared the heck out of me. I think it's awesome you're doingit; good luck to you!

Rachel said...

Geenie, you are the only person I know with six children who would plan on going camping and expect to have the time and solitude to make art! The good news is that with that positive attitude, you will really do it. :-)