Love, Art, Life

Love, Art, Life

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Where the time goes

Wow, just noticed it's been 10 days since I last checked in here.  It's a busy life with kids, animals, and art.  I've been learning a lot, trying some new techniques, reading some books.  I love to read.  There seems to always be something left to work on, or to change in myself and I do this with the help of many authors.

 That is a story for another day though.
One of the girls pointe shoes

Today what I wanted to share with you is what
things take up all my time.  So there was this contest at my daughters ballet studio.  They do this yearly, sometimes semi annually for Galas and such.  They sell these beautifully decorated pointe shoes, decorated by the lovely ballerinas themselves.
one of the girls creations
 Always full of ideas I have been wanting to make one.  This time I did.  I only had a few hours to accomplish this, but I had so many ideas I just had to pick one and execute it.

 Here is the outcome...

It was fun, albeit a little stressful with my time constraints.   And I am very happy with the way it came out.

 I hope some little ballerina in the making is happy with it too.


I have this way of letting myself get distracted and sucked into things my kids do.  Especially if it's a creative endeavor.

One of the girls did this one
So this was a welcome distraction today.   A piece of art to create in a very busy week.  I am in the home stretch with the graduation over and ballet dress rehearsals in two days.  


Isn't it gorgeous?! 
 I got a new tattoo ...

   and my mini has been out having too much fun once again...




that too is a story for another day...

The chicks and the ducks are pretty much full grown now.  They are less work, but still occupy some of my time.  I will post pics another day.




This is the final piece.  Giselle.  My lovely daughter has been working on Giselle for her auditions.


This is where my time goes.  Love, Art, Life...





Enjoy life loves.

      It's the only one we get.

No comments: