Love, Art, Life

Love, Art, Life

Sunday, October 7, 2012

My Ensemble Showcase as a RAW artist

At the end of September I had my first art showcase.   I'm not so good at self promotion you know, or at being out there so I almost backed out.  But decided to just go with it and step out of my comfort zone for a couple of days.  

And step out of my comfort zone I did!  Here is a little photo blog of the night...

My sweet husband setting up-  If it hadn't been for him I don't
know that I would have accomplished much.

The landscape artist next to me

almost done now

Suzi Doom and a mermaid
 Suzi Doom stopped many .  She is probably peoples' favorite.  She was the RAW Orange County location Director.

most of my display  

My setup crew even put out cards

And so the night begins. People arrive.

The bar lights up as people enter

I attempted to sit and be 'relaxed'  HA!


This was the night's host with the Poet
Marcus Omari.  He was amazing!

A couple of my friends who showed for support


The band was Courtney Jenae.  She was good.
 I attempted to get pictures of the fashion show.  The girls were all ballerinas and did much of it en pointe.




This was the only shot of the two main dancers.  It was a scary moment. She leaped and he caught her.  Right on the end of that catwalk.

The night ended up being fun in spite of my attempts at self sabotage.  I sold a few paintings.  Gave out .lots of cards and met some new friends.  All in all I am really glad I did it.  Bouncing back from that day has been rough, it was a very strange day for many reasons.  I lost two people that week and had been at a memorial service right before the showcase.



Finally I will show you which painting sold first.
a close up



 This painting I had done for myself.   It's the second painting of The Mother Of God I have painted, and both have sold.  Thanks for joining me on this crazy journey!

1 comment:

siouxsiepoet said...

gee, i'm so glad you went and didn't back out. i love you, i'm so proud of you. i wish i could have been there to support you! loveeeeee