Love, Art, Life

Love, Art, Life

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Oasis







oasis

 [oh-ey-sis] 

o·a·sis

  [oh-ey-sis]
noun
something serving as a refuge, relief, or pleasant changefrom what is usual, annoying, difficult, etc.: The library was an oasis of calm in the hectic city.
definition from Dictionary.com









I absolutely love that word, don't you?  And the definition is perfect.  As you know I need an Oasis.  And life has brought me one.  
The bed and nightstand.   This is facing rear from the door.

She needs some TLC, but we can manage that.  We are longtime DIYers.  And I love the fact that we are revamping something old, rather than buying something new.  Here are some photos of her lovely 50's or 60's (?? we are pretty sure narrowed it down to '59 - '61).  

The kitchen, and some of her details.  So I really wanted a "Canned Ham" model trailer,
The cabinets and hardware remind me of my
Gramsys kitchen.  
and as  you can see from the picture above I got one.  
check out this old paper towel holder











I also really wanted the inside to be 50's style with the rounded corners and real wood interior.  Oh and a princess stove.  I really, really wanted a Princess stove...
Check out the rounded corners,
and the scalloped shelf
 And of course I wanted her to be pink.... Love the old pink formica backsplash.
Light fixture
A propane lamp


In this picture you can see
the lav.  
 We got lucky and she still had a lot of her original parts. The valances are scalloped like the shelf in the picture above.   I'm tellin' ya, it was l  love at first sight.

magazine rack
 These light fixtures and magazine rack remind me of the old Elvis movies I used to watch as a kid.

So, here she is.  A work in progress (aren't we all?!)...  But I have such a vision for her when she's finished. She is going to be a beautiful, peaceful place to relax and get away.   And the Geenies Lamp Studio will be on the road.
Inside the bathroom



5 comments:

Heather Irene said...

Congratulations! She has alot of potential, that magazine rack is so awesome! I totally get the fact that you need a place to get away and create, I am still waiting for that place..........

Big E said...

Love the Oasis! Can't wait to see her on the road.

Geen Grey said...

Thanks Heather! Glad you see her potential too. I hope life brings you an Oasis of your own very soon! And Big E-- :*

WendyLady@GoodBooks said...

The original vintage fixtures are so unique and cute. Love the magazine rack. :)

Geen Grey said...

I know Wendy, I think so too. I seriously was blessed with everything I asked for.